Vogelsang Standard and most popular range is the VX Series
- Easy maintenance, quick on-site service thanks to access to the pumping chamber simply by disassembling the cover
- Cost-effective operation thanks to high degree of efficiency
- Comprehensive range of features and options
- Self-priming, resistant to dry running and foreign matter / solids
- Long service life
- Cartridge Seal with integrated pressurized barrier fluid – means seal life is reliable and extremely long.
The Vogelsang lobe pumps have a number of benefits over a progressive cavity / Mono type pump which they commonly compete with. The main benefit is that lobe pumps are a lot less expensive to maintain with adjustable housing segments and lower cost of spare parts.
Lobe pumps can also run dry (running without any liquid) for long periods without damage. Even the mechanical seal will last a long time in a normal or dry run condition as it has a barrier fluid that is kept under pressure and this good lubricating fluid lubricates the seal faces rather than the dirty pumped liquid which is typical in a normal Mono type pump.
With a standard Mono type pump the mechanical seal is lubricated by the pump liquid and this liquid is often very dirty and does not have good lubricating properties. In the condition where the pump is dry running for a standard Mono type pump the seal will overheat as there is no liquid lubricating and cooling down the seal faces. Worse still is that the stator and rotor will heat up very quickly and burn out which can mean both stator, rotor and mechanical seal will need to be replaced which can be very expensive and costly.
Other lobe pumps from the Vogelsang pump range can be found here. Please feel free to contact us regarding your application!